Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 2010 Subaru Legacy Base Model Issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2010 Subaru Legacy Base Model Issues

Hello all been a long time since logging in! I have had a wonderful last 5 years, and just had my anniversary on this site. I have a few questions I need to ask about my car. I have a 2010 Subaru Legacy. It has been giving me a few issues since this past season was brutal, -30s and then periodic warm ups and big drops in temperature. I have had several noises I need to address, one of which is a noise that is coming from the rear right of the vehicle. It happens after you turn the car off. I hear and smell fuel when the car turns off, like there is a float dropping when the car gets shut down, and you get a whiff of fuel in the cabin. It only is random, and possibly when the fuel is sloshed around. Any one experience this?

Another sound I am hearing is when you are driving and you are not pushing the throttle much, since it is automatic; you hear a rattle which is the obvious heat shield rattle also I am hearing like the fluid needs to be changed or it is low? The car shifts smoothly its almost like it does not know what gear to go in and the differentials are making the noise that the RPM is too low for them in that gear. My question is how does it know when to change gears? Is there some sort of actuator that is controlled by pressure?

Thank you all for your time.

2. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 Subaru Legacy Base Model Issues

MODS please move to correct category, thank you!

4. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

How long has it been since you changed all the fluids @BugeyeFTW?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@IGOTASUBARU I got the car in Jan. 17' and they said all the fluids were okay, so I believed them. I bought it from a Subaru Dealership. They were sending it to auction, and I scooped it up for 9k with 91k miles. It has about 97k on it now, and I would say they are due now? Kinda pissed at the dealer they didn't change them for free for me, just to reassure me. They have fluids in bulk. I mean just drain the transmission and refill it, and same for the rear differential. How hard can that be?

7. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No hard at all.

What dealership you purchase it from?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASUBARU View Post
    No hard at all.

What dealership you purchase it from?

Northtown Subaru in NY

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

? Left me hanging @IGOTASUBARU LOL

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyeFTW View Post
    ? Left me hanging @IGOTASUBARU LOL
    What do you mean?

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASUBARU View Post
    What do you mean?

You asked me what dealer like you were going to call and yell at them for me hahahahaha

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyeFTW View Post
    You asked me what dealer like you were going to call and yell at them for me hahahahaha
    We wanted to know as we deal with a lot of dealers.