Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another Kombi Suby Guy

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Another Kombi Suby Guy

G'day IGAS, as the title indicates, I am another guy dropping a Subaru motor in his beloved kombi. It's a lot more than that though, I have enjoyed Subaru's for a long time and owned a liberty for a while. Now apart from my selfish indulgence with the Kombi, I am also schooling my nephew (an Impreza owner) on the merits of the boxer engine and the wonders of mix and match engine, gearbox and ECU. in the end we both want he same thing, to have a great reliable ride and have a little fun along the way (as long as mine is the fastest). Now putting different motors in VWs is nothing new, we have been doing it for 30 years or more, but the Subaru motor is the motor of choice by the majority because of it's reliability, maintainability and straight out of the box GRUNT. Cheers
    Carl
    Canberra, ACT

-------------------------------------------------------------------

((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸.><((((º>

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Four wheels moves the body a Kombi moves the soul

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Sweet! @xa3501 post some pics.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.