Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REVIEW: XV Crosstrek

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

REVIEW: XV Crosstrek

Subaru XV Crosstrek lifts up the Impreza Sport
    Sep 24, 2012 1:30 PM

Buying a Subaru is typically a very practical and logical purchase. But some Subaru purchases are more logical than others. Case in point: the XV Crosstrek.

This new model is essentially an Impreza hatchback with more ground clearance, 8.7 inches in all. Unless you drive a lot of bad dirt roads or your biking/kayaking/hiking takes you to some really treacherous parking lots, the added ground clearance will seldom be advantageous. (It just makes things harder to put on the roof rack.) Fuel economy is lower than the Impreza, although the XV Crosstrek's gas tank is bigger. And it costs more money.
    But the XV Crosstrek has a certain bulldog-like appeal created by the raised height, contrasting rocker panel paint, and mean-looking black wheels. Unique model-specific colors like traffic cone orange ("Tangerine Orange Pearl") or desert rat beige ("Desert Khaki") help. These styling revisions all add up to a look that is almost comically rugged and gives the car a different feel from its plain-Jane roots.

V-P of I.G.O.T.A.
    Role: web design & technical support
    http://www.PetersonSales.net
    jefferis@petersonsales.net

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I for one, like it but I hate that orange. I like the blue, and even though they arent the WORST wheels Ive ever seen they arent that nice. I would def at least drive one for a test drive. I like the idea, and being higher up would be easier for people like my mother who find her fozzy a little on the low side for her condition.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a cross trek and have been pretty happy with it so far

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwg3 View Post
    I have a cross trek and have been pretty happy with it so far
    How many miles you have on it? Any issues? What do you like and don't like?

Thanks @bwg3
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

About 5700 so far and it is using a little oil but I think it is wear in

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

About 5700 so far and it is using a little oil but I think it is wear in
    That's normal for Subaru motors to use a little oil from time to time.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ya It used a quart in 3000 miles and calls for oil change at 7500

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ya It used a quart in 3000 miles and calls for oil change at 7500
    That's about correct.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Had a truck that did that for about two oil changes then quit hope the car does the same

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Had a truck that did that for about two oil changes then quit hope the car does the same
    Our 2013 Legacy still burns oil at 11,000 miles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast