Hello all been a long time since logging in! I have had a wonderful last 5 years, and just had my anniversary on this site. I have a few questions I need to ask about my car. I have a 2010 Subaru Legacy. It has been giving me a few issues since this past season was brutal, -30s and then periodic warm ups and big drops in temperature. I have had several noises I need to address, one of which is a noise that is coming from the rear right of the vehicle. It happens after you turn the car off. I hear and smell fuel when the car turns off, like there is a float dropping when the car gets shut down, and you get a whiff of fuel in the cabin. It only is random, and possibly when the fuel is sloshed around. Any one experience this?

Another sound I am hearing is when you are driving and you are not pushing the throttle much, since it is automatic; you hear a rattle which is the obvious heat shield rattle also I am hearing like the fluid needs to be changed or it is low? The car shifts smoothly its almost like it does not know what gear to go in and the differentials are making the noise that the RPM is too low for them in that gear. My question is how does it know when to change gears? Is there some sort of actuator that is controlled by pressure?

Thank you all for your time.