Yup.....I'm a noob . I just purchased new Winter tires and wheels for my 2018 Subaru WRX Premium. The Dunlop Summer tires that are on the car, are size 245/40/18. I purchased the same size tires for the snow of New England. Anyways, I looked up the rim size, and what I found was that they are 8 x 18.5 (40 offset). I accidentally ordered 18 x 8 rims (40 offset) for the Winter tires, but was told that it was OK and they'll fit fine. So I get a call from the place that I ordered the tires from (online), and they said that the size that I ordered is NOT in stock and that they are not sure when they are coming in. He said that they had the 8 x 18 (with 45 offset) size in stock, and the difference is minimal between the two rim sizes (He said about .2 inches). Since this is all new to me, I need some advice.......Should I reorder 18 x 8.5"s ? (A lot more $$$$ and LESS selection).....Should I just wait until the 8 x 18's (40 offset) to come back into stock?, or do I just take the same rims (8 x 18) with the 45 offset? Since I don't really know if this will make big difference on wearing out bearings, tires, etc....I am hoping that some knowledgeable people here can help me out with what I should do. The winter tires/rims will be on the car for about 3-4 months out of the year. Thanks in advance for all help!