I'm going to be embarking on doing a NA build with a 90 Legacy Sedan. The original motor spun a rod at 284k, so I'm up in the air if i should rebuild the 2.2 thats in it, or if I should do the "hybrid" setup which consist of the 2.5 block with 2.2 heads. Pistons are almost impossible to find for the 2.2na without breaking the bank.

I guess what I want to know and I have done "research on this" is what would make more power. I obviously know that boosting it is the way to go, but im going to be turning this into a DD. I've seen that the 2.2 is torquier than the 2.5/2.2 hybrid but that the hybrid makes more power. Thoughts on what is the better route and most cost efficient?

Also looking at some suspension. Maybe someone can clue me in to if suspenion parts from lets say a WRX can fit on this car. I've searched high and low and can not get any real info as it seems these cars are virtually never modified. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you have some pictures that you can share as well that would help too.

Basically the end result is going to be a nice mid powered 93 legacy thats fun to drive. Any info regarding motor, suspension, and the such will not be taken lightly. If you have done this build, and are willing to share, I would love to pick your brain.

Trying to accomplish all of this for Subie Invasion in Vegas this year. So its only going to leave me about 2 months to get this all setup.

Thanks,
Dave