Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1998 LGT Limited Equipped w/EJ22

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1998 LGT Limited Equipped w/EJ22

I haven't been here in a while & I figured that I've made journals elsewhere so why not here?
    My name is Kenny & allow me to introduce the canvas I bought May of 2011.
    Here is the story.May 5th. 2011 is when I first purchased the car from a man in East Haddam after several months of looking after my return from North Carolina.
    I had been specifically looking for a GT after having owned 2 Ls & an Outback (which I did not keep for very long.)
    This is my 3rd BD, my 3rd EJ22, my 2nd EJ25D, & my 4th Subaru.
    The first L was by far my favorite as I had done the most to it as well as it being a major part of what got me & my ex-wife around.

After my divorce, the car was sold off to someone who put 3 spoke chrome rims on it, jacked it up w/Outback suspension, rebuilt the 22E, & sold off all of the other mods I had put into it, essentially destroying it.
    Neat.
    During that time, I also had a dark red 98 L 5spd that I had bolted DOHC heads & corresponding hardware on & it was a very fun car to drive.
    I won't talk about the Outback since it was a super piece of s**t & that is why you see the L looks the way it does.

Anyways, onto the white GT.
    I had always wanted a GT to see how much better it was but back then, they were still going for over $4k & that was a lot of money for a me as a tech student at the time.
    I couldn't believe it when I finally found this one but the guy told me that if he swapped in a new engine, he would charge me $5k instead of $1700, so I jumped at the offer.

At some point after I got the car, I got bored with the grille & painted it black for hahas. I didn't think I'd like it but I did, so I left it for a long while. I removed the foglights also since they had gotten real nasty on the insides to the point of no return.

I had done the hybrid intake, knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to return it back to normal afterwards, decided that it was best for the car, & kept it the way it is to this day.

Maybe a day later, I ordered UEL headers & a catback (that for some reason, does not get along with the midpipe I had welded for it).

The ticking that was evident when I first got the car had grown to a large knocking sound by September from May, & I knew that the 25D was on it's last stroke of luck. Luckily, broknindarkagain's advice of putting heavier weight oil in it to prolong it's operation worked well all the way to point of explosion.

Last edited by DOHCEJ22E; 12-12-2012 at 11:46 PM.