Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 05 LGT outlet problem

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

05 LGT outlet problem

05 legacy, cigarette lighter keeps blowing fuses & the center console power outlet stopped working a couple weeks before that. Bonus news, we just moved to a brand new city so there's the difficulty of getting around without Gps as a backup option. Thoughts?
    Every thug needs a lady.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds like a ground? Maybe one of the wires behind the stereo grounded out?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The whole thing is odd.
    Every thug needs a lady.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I agree with Adam. Ground issue. Check the wires running into it. They have to be touching.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yep same as the other two tho I have run into some of the actual male plugs going into the outlet(ie phone charger) having an issue where the actual contacts being too close together and it jumps the current and blows the fuse. Also if there is anything conductive what so ever down in the outlet it could be shorting it

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Putting a 20amp fuse in fixed the cigarette lighter. I havent looked into the center console power outlets fuse situation yet.
    Every thug needs a lady.