Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Got a code of p0244 and now.....

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Got a code of p0244 and now.....

I got the p0244 overboost code on my 08 wrx and now when I get into 2nd gear at around 4-4500 rpm it starts to bog down and feels like its having a hard time building boost. In 3rd it starts to do it really bad at the same point as well in 4th, in 5th its fine because the rpms are at around 2500- 3000. What is causing this ? It done this once before and cleared itself up and everything was fine for two months. It's worrying me. All the shops want me to bring it in but at 90 bucks an hour its going to hit me hard. So any help is really going to help.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

That's your turbocharger wastegate solenoid.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Is that solenoid right in the front next to the alternator ? Man this disturbs me.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

yes this sounds like solenoid malfuntion. This is located in the front of the Intake Manifold by the altenator on your model. Sounds like a good time to switch to a GrimmSpeed or COBB Unit. Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My thing about the grimmspeed unit is I need to tune the car and I don't have the cash to drop on a Cobb Access Port at this moment. Might have to buy a stock unit. Thank you for the help, hopefully I can get this fixed sooner then later. I plan on going to the Mach V meet in a few weeks.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Completely understand this. I am sure if you check around you will find someone that has done the aftermarket solenoid and may be willing to part with their stock unit.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have and they are nice enough to wait until next Friday when I get the money.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

^^ This is why subaru people are the best..They are respectful and classy and always willing to help

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

just wondering if you got your part yet?