Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My old Subarus

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My old Subarus

Hi, all; here's the pictures I promised. 86 Brat, 80 Brat, 88 hatchback and my 78 GF 2Dr Hardtop

I know this picture of the '80 is...inconclusive. but the body is pretty well rust-free except for the rocker panels. And she's up for sale to whoever's interested in fixing it up...I've lost interest in the project, regrettably.

The red hatchback is mine, and the 84 GL next to it belongs to my good friend I've known for years. I convinced him to get it :P

The 78 GF, day 1.

Yeah...it's a little car, and I'm 6' 4". I've mastered the art of folding in and out of these cars like a lawn chair :P

A small sample of what I have to deal with.......

New parts; new 1600 with low miles (60K) and a fresh-rebuild 5speed to go in place of the 3speed automatic.

On another note...I have over a dozen pictures of my progress on the 78...it's come a LONG way since day one...I'm just not sure how many I want to put up yet; I don't want to spam the forum.
    Last edited by NeverTooManySoobs; 07-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Ahhh, these take me back to a simpler times...lol. Great bunch you got!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rek888v2 View Post
    My friend Ryan would love this!
    Yeah, apparently he has the 83 turbo brat back up and running again.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The brats are soooo ugly its hard NOT to love them Good looking bunch you got going there, keep us posted on progress!

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    The brats are soooo ugly its hard NOT to love them Good looking bunch you got going there, keep us posted on progress!
    Ugly != lovable. Pontiac Aztec.

But nice collection. I'd love to see more pics of the progress!

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That engine looks like a cluster fk of vacuum lines

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes... The 1600 is by far a clusterF of. Vac connections. I have more pics of the 78... I just have to get some time to post them. I've gutted the wires, power train, painted the engine bay, taken all the automatic linkage out (to convert to the 5 speed) and all that fun stuff pictures will come ASAP.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice collection. I'm glad to see someone taller than me squeezing themselves into these little ladies. I'm an inch shorter, but it isn't that easy for me either. I have a few older model, just like you. I love a classic Subaru.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Nice Collection!

Gotta Love Old-School Subarus.

I'll Like to see More Photos...

Kind Regards.