Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coilover install.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Coilover install.

I finally got some coilovers for my RS. I got used D2 RS coils. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what do to when installing coils an what to do with adjustments. They have height, dampening.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

What kind of ride height do you want?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I just want to close the front gap an keep the rear where it is. I'm running 245/45/17 tires which are wide an meaty, so I don't want to rub

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I would install them at full length see where you are at and then adjust them down from there. Just be sure to adjust the equally from side to side...to keep them balanced..

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Are you gonna allign it up after your done?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Are you gonna allign it up after your done?
    To go off of JJ's questions, I suggest getting an alignment. When lowering a vehicle you will change the camber. Plus when you have everything apart and put it back together chances are all the settings are different than before this install.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I know I need to get an alignment. Im just trying to save some money an install these coils myself. I've never done coils only struts. How do you know when the coils are at full length.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlkanBlue02RS View Post
    I know I need to get an alignment. Im just trying to save some money an install these coils myself. I've never done coils only struts. How do you know when the coils are at full length.
    You should be able to click them all the way out and they will stop.

Should be 3 top bolts, 2 bottoms strut bolts and then some clips. Take some paint and mark where the factory struts line up at. Hope that makes sense.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks Jj that does help. I've taken out my rear struts before so I know what your talking about with lining them up. I just worried about not adjusting them right.an stuff.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlkanBlue02RS View Post
    Thanks Jj that does help. I've taken out my rear struts before so I know what your talking about with lining them up. I just worried about not adjusting them right.an stuff.
    That's the easy part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast