Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Generating members, paying members.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Generating members, paying members.

So heres the deal, we need new members paying for memberships almost constantly. A couple members a week would allow this site to become self sustaining, so what I want to know is...

How do we attract new people, the right caliber of people, and get them to pay $45 a year for a site that is "similar to other sites I can visit for free"?

There is a HUGE Subaru demographic on the West Coast, especially San Fran bay area. Problem is that I am gone so damn much that I miss all the big Subaru shows. By this time next year I wont be deploying all the damn time and I can actively promote this site cause I honestly believe we are onto something here.

Post up ideas, no matter how silly or ridiculous they may seem. You never know what might be big break to cause us to go mainstream like i-club or ******!!

Your friendly neighborhood Super Mod,

Adam

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Well we give a free t-shirt and sticker to start. Plus hosting, garage, live chat, avatar, profile, and the list keeps on going.
    Last edited by IGOTASUBARU; 06-18-2012 at 04:18 PM.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Put user names on stickers, not necessarilly gonna drive tons of new subscribers but I think it's a cool idea.
    Every thug needs a lady.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Also, I previously suggested putting members submitted pictures into the banner at the top. That'd definitely be cool to see.
    Every thug needs a lady.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

True, thats a good idea Tom.

What about how to entice new members?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    True, thats a good idea Tom.

What about how to entice new members?
    That is the million dollar question.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

because RACECAR

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yea I agree with twiz it can be kind of intimidating to new people when the group is so tight knit. Its kind of the situation I'm in at my new store right now. Trying to get to know everyone is a little tough. Maybe every now and then have a "get together" where people can get to know people face to face. I know its a little difficult since we are so spread out but face time would definitely help get past the "internet entity" issue and possibly make it a little less intimidating.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Also JJ how much would it be for me to buy some referral cards. There are quite a few Subie people around me but its easy to forget word of mouth referrals.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast