Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sti swap into 02 wrx ....

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sti swap into 02 wrx ....

Ok boys i lost my tranny well just 1st looking into tranny swaping what needs to be done ... I know some trannys n diff will drop right in but others take longer driveshafts n bigger cv axles ...help plz

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I know there is a list of what fits, and I know that most trannys will fit with little or no modification at all. I cant seem to find it right now.

John and Rek would be a good one to hit up for info.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My buddy is in the process of doing a complete STI swap, Engine, Tranny, Rear, Axles... Everything. As far as just the tranny and engine goes I believe it is a one to one fit. He ran into problems getting his STi rear axles to fit in the WRX hubs so he made a hybrid out of the two.
    Last edited by HolyCrapItsFast; 06-13-2012 at 08:59 AM.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I didn't mention you holy since you aren't as active as reks and John. But I did think about your expertise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    I didn't mention you holy since you aren't as active as reks and John. But I did think about your expertise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It wasn't even on my mind ... They are the right ones when it comes to anything Subaru. I can only really lay claim to intellect related to STi in particular and anything tuning. I only comment if I have experienced it myself

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My 02 wrx has its on ratio there for i was at subaru n my uncle n i looked up my car n for what will match for trannys n i gotta go full sti swap tranny/ diff / shafts / cv axles so if im lucky i can find a sti that got wrote off hopes n dreams

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The car is in the shop now had to rebuild the tranny gotta a stage 1 exedy going in and new flywheel

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

st finished replacing the clutch in my 97 impreza obs. Tough job

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Its a pain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast