Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: upgrading suspension

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

upgrading suspension

I want to start looking around for a good setup with struts and lowering springs for my 04 wrx. it is a daily driver so that makes me want to stay away from coilovers... i had them on a previous car and didnt care for the daily drive... i dont need anything extreame as i said it is a daily driver but just something that will lower the car and an upgrade to the struts. I was just wondering what a good setup would be... suspension isnt something i know bout which brands are any good so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I like going with the Koni Struts personally but Tokico's are also a great choice. Far as springs go Swift, H&R, Eibach, and Tanabe are once I like to go with as well. When you do this, be a good time to also upgrade some bushings

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not sure about struts but, I say go with Eibach springs. My bro has some on his Evo and the ride quality is nice.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Wow, never knew that. You learn something new everyday

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

thanks for the help guys give me something to look at...

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Im running a set of the STI pink struts and Tein H Techs. Seems to me its a decent compromise between handling and a harsh ride. It is a little bumpier than stock but handles alot better. My next upgrade will be swaybars and endlinks. I think should make for a nice daily drivable set up. Just dont forget about tires, the best suspension in the world is nothing without decent tires.