Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS/FT: CA 1998 Legacy Outback "Brooke"

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

FS/FT: CA 1998 Legacy Outback "Brooke"

::THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION::

Hey all, I have decided to see what I can get for my beloved wagon. I love it and dont really wanna get rid of it but I cant keep it AND get a nice RS Coupe so I need to sell her.
    1998 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5L (EJ25D) 5MT
    Ruby Red Mica/Slate two tone paint.
    VIN: 4S3BG685XW6621212
    Mileage as of May12: 158,000

Asking $6500 OBO (I am motivated to sell for the right price since I am deploying in June) willing to accept cash, certified check or PayPal only. No personal checks unless you are related to me

I am the 3rd owner according to CarFax.

Bads:
    • Various paint failure on the bumpers, as well as a few scratches here and there but overall the paint is shiney and bright.
    • Throwout bearing is squeaking (shopping for a new clutch, bearings, and lightweight flywheel)
    • Slight curbage on right side wheels from my mother
    Goods:
    • New clutch slave cylinder (05/12)

Aftermarket parts:
    (99% of all the work has been done by me)

Drivetrain/Suspension

• Raceland Coilovers (about a 4in drop)
    • Rallitek 22-25mm adjustable sway w/endlinks
    • PowerStop brake kit (ceramic pads w/drilled and slotted rotors)
    • Ebay front and rear strut tower braces (painted red/black to match)
    • Kartboy short shifter
    • Kartboy shifter bushings (front)

Engine/Intake/Exhaust

• Custom built intake using 3in silicone tubing and K&N 4in cone filter w/MAF adapter (NO CEL's!)
    • Ebay UEL header, stock piping and Cat's w/custom built turndown tip after last cat (no muffler, its as loud as a can exhaust for STi but not obnoxious)
    Interior/Electronics

• 03 WRX Front seats
    • 03 WRX Momo wheel w/airbag (Cruise Control and Horn work)
    • Custom door cards, black with red piping $75 in supplies and 4 hours of work.
    • Redline Leather shift boot, e-brake boot, and arm rest cover (with 1.5 inches of foam padding) adjusted for shorter shift lever
      and color matched to the door cards Black with JDM Red piping
    • Code Alarm with keyless entry and remote start with clutch bypass switch. (Professionally wired/installed)
    • Carpet dash cover (black) to cut down glare and protect dash
    • LEDs from superbrightleds.com for dome, license plate and map lights (cool white)
    • Pioneer AVIC-9115BT with Navi, Bluetooth, DVD and iPod control wired up allowing for video playback while driving, which also allows you to enter addresses into the Navi while moving.
    • ProDrive shift knob, painted red and black to match door cards and leather boots.
    Exterior
    • 5% "limo" tint all the way around w/20% stripe on the windshield. (Professionally installed)
    • JDM Clear tails and center garnish.
    • stock roof rails and cross bars will be included (thule roof rack and yakima bike rack can be included)
    • Morette headlights with HID conversion (setup for Left hand driving so you dont blind other drivers)
    • hood scoop painted satin black to match bumpers and trim (to hide the failing clear coat that i sanded and smoothed out)
    • 17x8" +48 Rota Boosts in gunmetal
    • 245/45-17" Dunlop Direzzas
    • Also have the stock outback wheels with BFG all season tires with 30,000+ miles LEFT on them.
    • Fenders have been rolled and the rears SLIGHTLY pulled, barely noticable looking at them. (Professionally done)
    • Lightweight extended open tuner lugs
    • Hella Supertones
    Last edited by JAC Wagon; 05-11-2012 at 12:54 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

new pics 18May12!!

Last edited by JAC Wagon; 05-19-2012 at 02:33 PM.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You sell it and the buyer will claim it to be their build.

I think you will regret selling it.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You sell it and the buyer will claim it to be their build.

I think you will regret selling it.
    After they buy it, if they claim it to be their build thats on them. Its a well known car on most of the sites except NASTYoc. And I know I will regret getting rid of it but I really want an RS coupe. I still have my GF's 97 Legacy GT

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

How much for the Morettes? I will overnight my oem headlights to you.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Id have to get $600, cause I had to do some wiring and Ill have to redo it for stockers. Plus they are already setup with HIDs

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Those lights aren't cheap. I picked them up here in Phoenix for him and I know what was paid. If he wanted a profit he would be selling them for more then that. $600 is actually a decent deal

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So, I've thought about it and if I can get what i want or close to it for Brooke I will get a bad *** RS coupe to replace her. If I *cant* get what I want I will keep her and buy a beat up RS or L coupe that I can beat on and play "rally car" with on the weekends. Then maybe John, you and I can build it into the rally car we started a few months ago.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Adam, if you get something off road worthy...you need to take a trip down to Phoenix for a weekend. I have about a 60 mile or so drive of nothing but perfect rally roads....and the great thing is that its a forgotten about farm road that I've never once seen another person on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast