Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first wrx defently new to boosted cars

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

first wrx defently new to boosted cars

so i bought my first wrx it was not running when i bought it had mechanical issues with the engine i pulled the engine and riped into it found the number one cylinder pistion exploded hammered the head and cracked the sleve so basicly my block is junk was wondering if any one had a spare block or engine that theyll sell me cheap im kinda ona budget not wanting to build a monster tire shreader just a dependable every day driver that has decent power any help will be apreciated

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

What is your budget?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Whats your budget? And how much did you buy the car for.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hi, welcome aboard. Get posting & hopefully someone can help you out.
    Every thug needs a lady.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CRZTRBO View Post
    What is your budget?
    i have close to 1000 dollars and i know thats a long shot for a whole motor but if i can find a rebuildable block i can put it together in time like i planed with my block

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

[IMG]C:\Users\Tom\Pictures\Attachments_2012_05_10[/IMG]

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

engine before pulling it

what is left of the piston in cylinder number one
    there she sitts in all its pride and glory has diffrent wheels on it now love working at a garage some one traded a impreza in that the dealership was gunna whole sell the car so i swaped my stock with with crap tires for some fresh bridgestone rubber too bad dont run

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Just a thought...

Or you could buy drop in 2.0 JDM STi motor from JDM Engine Depot or one of those companies. It'll cost you anywhere from $1000 on up but there is basically nothing you need to do other than swapping the engine wire harness and an AVCS delete on the newer motors. These engines are tested prior to sale so you are pretty much guarantied a good working engine and they typically have between 25000 and 60000 miles on them.

They have WRX specific swaps and STi specific swaps. Here is an example, $1700 for a 2.0 liter non AVCS STi engine and you get the transmission to boot! You would have to do more research to see if these will drop in or what other mods you have to do but for the most part they are ready to go. Or you can even buy it for the block and heads and swap over all your existing ancillary devices like wire harness, sensors and what not.

It's hit or miss when buying any used parts from other sources like forums and junk yards. You just don't relly know what you are getting and you will have to do some level of rebuild on just about anything you get so it will end up costing you more than $1000. Hell, the gasket kit alone is over $250. Figure a block is going to run you around $300 and heads around $600 and then machining after that and possibly new pistons and timing belt kit. You can find a long block for less but good luck getting the person to tear down the block for your inspection. Other than his word you just don't know what you will get.

Some other JDM examples...

http://www.jdmracingmotors.com/engin..._******_SELLER

http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/engine...e-trans-z4-ecu

http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/engine...ine-only-ej20t

http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/engine/subaru.html

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/subaru.html

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Got a unexpected budget boost my work beater got hit saterday waiting for the adjuster to come and tell me how much my budget is gunna be now

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Picked up my engine saterday waiting for my clutch to come in yet I was wondering the person I got the car from wasn't very smart and messed with the I belive to be factory 3 pod gage above the radio I have a empty hole a volt meter and a temp gauge I'm assuming since they riged a pod on the side pillar for the boost that the boost gauge should be there will any gauge fit in the factory pod or ? I kind of like where the gauge pod is above the radio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast