Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 98 Legacy OB clutch [SOLVED]

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

98 Legacy OB clutch [SOLVED]

I was driving in 1st, went to shift to 2nd and when I pressed the clutch to the floor like normal and released it it didnt come back up all the way. About halfway to be exact. If I scoop the pedal with my foot and pull up it stays put but as soon as you touch it it falls halfway to the floor. the clutch still pulls strong, i just have to stand on the pedal (literally, put all my weight on it to dig it into the carpet) in order to get it into gear.

to get into reverse i either grind it like crazy, or stand on the clutch, shift into 1st and then QUICKLY shift into R with little or no grind.

Im not a transmission savvy guy but it seems like a linkage problem. My throwout bearing HAS been squeaking for as long as Ive owned it (1.5 yrs) and this is the 1st problem Ive had with the clutch.

As of right now, I am not driving anywhere I dont NEED to go in case it decides to break totally and leave me stranded but I need to get this addressed quickly! Transmission is stock except for shift bushings and short throw kit.

Thoughts, suggestions, questions?

edit: Clutch Slave cylinder was replaced, line was bled. Problem solved.
    Last edited by JAC Wagon; 05-09-2012 at 01:40 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It sounds like you blew out the slave cylinder. Easy and cheap fix

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Part is on order, should be in this afternoon. Ill replace it and go from there. After I get it fixed Ill move this thread