Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: to hid or not to hid that is the question.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

to hid or not to hid that is the question.

so currently i have sylvania zxe or xze i don't remember the name u know the $60 halogens that come in a big plastic case. well they are not bright enough, they don't get enough distance, i need to see further as i live in a rural area so what do you guys think about if i switched to hid's and what are the best hid's to use i see the kids sold on ebay for like 35 a set and do we need a relay harness or will pulling the fuse for my drl work thanks for the help guys

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

ok well they are ZXE and they are NOT halogen bulbs they are Xenon bulbs lol havent had any issues from the many customers that i have sold them to. they all say they are much better than halogens. granted i live a little further in the country than im sure you do. so street lights and such dont interfere too much around me. external light sources reek havoc on night vision no matter what kind of headlights you have

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

there not shining far out like maybe i can see 2 car lenghts ahead of me. i want to see further

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

maybe you need to adjust your lights. 70% of the time it isnt the bulbs fault lol

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

and how do i do that

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/sti/hla/hla.html

This is roughly how to do it

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

so i put my car at 25 feet away the beams were hitting at 16" i raised it up to 26" works amazingly. as i was doing this i noticed my left fog light was out. was working a few days ago. there was water in the crappy plastic tubing of the pigtail wiring. and i can't get the bulb out of the socket. i undid the clip and it just wouldn't come out any idea's maybe i have to take the whole housing out??? also what are the best bulbs to put for fogs

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftHappensLTi View Post
    ok well they are ZXE and they are NOT halogen bulbs they are Xenon bulbs
    They ARE halogen bulbs. Halogen simply means it produces light by heating up the metal element (spring looking thing) in the middle of the light. If you look at the ZXE bulbs, they have that same element.....

This is taken from Amazon.coms description of these lights

Quote Originally Posted by [URL
    http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SilverStar-Performance-Headlight-High-Beam/dp/B005KDO9UY[/URL]]Sylvania SilverStar zXe is the newest halogen bulb on the scene. Looking for the whitest, most stylized light for your vehicle? SilverStar zXe lights from Sylvania are the whitest in the SilverStar High Performance Series of headlights. You want style and performance? SilverStar delivers.
    There are three major types of lights. HIDs, Halogen, and LEDs.

HIDs - They produce light by charging gasses with electricity....basically causing an arch that produces light.

Halogen - They produce light by charging a heating element with electricity. It super heats (kind of like a space heater) and produces light.

LED - They produce light by the rapid movement of electrons through a semi conductor.

These ZXE bulbs are just zenon gas charges halogen bulbs. Its a technology that is not new at all. You have been able to buy these kinds of lights on Ebay for years now. You know the super blue halogen bulbs that people put in their ricers? Yeah, same technology.