Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPM's are dropping fast all of the sudden?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

RPM's are dropping fast all of the sudden?

So i pulled into school today, and my girlfriend was waiting in her car, she said my car sounded "terrible". A sound i cannot seem to notice myself..
    my cars been bogging down recently and on occasion i just have no power when i want to accelerate. This morning after my car got warmed up and i took off for class i went to shift into third gear and my rpms tanked. Of course I've been compensating for this RPM drop all day.
    I have no clue as to why this is happening. I am worried i should not be driving when i got so much to do this week.

I imagine the sounds she heard may be due to an exhaust leak, or vacuum leak. When i sat and rev'd the engine i had some popping like it was straight piped and was shooting flames.

only mods are a 3in turboback exhaust from cobb.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Is it tuned? What's the mileage?
    Every thug needs a lady.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

61k, i am unsure of the tune. Ill take a look through the service records, i got it with 44k on it in november

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

blast! no service records. So im completely unsure on the last tune it had.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Give it a minute & people more knowledgeable than I will meander in.
    Every thug needs a lady.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sounds like a boost leak to me. When did this start?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Right, and its hard to notice the loss in power. I only noticed it a couple times, recently this week and a month or so ago. Inconsistant boost makes sense there. Would a boost leak only show some of the time?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Depends. Under normal driving is it ok?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have only noticed it while under normal driving conditions, when i want to get up to speed quick like in a race, there's a tug or yank at 5k rpms. So i have been babying her for a while, driving at the recommended speeds for each gear. I'll go take her for a spin and see if i can get you guys some better insight.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ok. Under the hood check all your lines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast