Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: joel's eg33 swap to 98 gt

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

joel's eg33 swap to 98 gt

so here goes:

the ej25 is a decent engine but i have always felt (from day one) that it just doesn't have the guts to really be in the legacy. and just like everyone else, i too had planned on an ej-something turbo swap. but then i saw akmed's gc8 over at dirty impreza. totally changed my mind. with that kind of build, we are talking skyline material. this made me very interested. and after much dismay in trying to obtain an eg33 i finally scored an entire svx for $400. it did not run and trans is shot. towed it 120 miles home and had it running in 10 mins. so now that i know the engine is good and all the electronics work properly, its clobbering time.

goals for this build will be to build a nationally competetive auto-x car, an occaisional rally-x car and and all around good performance vehicle. i would like to be able to keep up with the m3's that are local to my auto-x region.

day one pull the engine and harness from the svx.

donor

recipient

got the engine pulled yesterday and now to work on getting the harness out

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Red was the rarest color on the svx. Sad to see it go but I love the swap. I'd love to get back into an svx that was tranny swapped.
    Last edited by DownforceTom; 05-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Every thug needs a lady.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

this one was a raging pile of garbage. not really worth saving.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Nice! you don't see this done everyday... Subscribed!

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ill be watching this too, my ej25 dohc is almost done, btw, where did you get those light brackets for the fogs?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Light bar= made it. It was cheap electrical conduit.

And here's a video.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Also, I want to thank you for using "it's clobbering time" in your first post. That's an under utilized phrase that I love.
    Every thug needs a lady.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

good vid. makes me miss my svx. mine according to a long time subie guy that is a commercial customer at my previous store was pretty rare lol. its was the red FWD no leather or anything. it was a very fun toy but had to sell it to get new carpet before my daughter was born. cant wait to see your progress

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah. I had a lot of heart ache w/ 33's. It seemed like every one that I came across was well outside the price I wanted to pay or was sold out from under my nose. It was so nice to find one a such a great price and so close to me. And I was even luckier to get my wife on board. W/o her ok, this wouldn't happen.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Another video update. However just after shooting this, I got a lot done. So new vid tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast