Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help feed the children!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help feed the children!

I know a lot of you don't know me that well, but you see I have a passion for IGOTASUBARU.COM and how we operate here. I always ask for help because there is no I in team. Well this is something that has hit home to me and I wanted to reach out to the community for donations. Where I live is some kids family's that have fallen upon hard times and have no food to eat daily. This has really broken my heart and we are trying to get them help and food as no one should go hungry especially kids. My church and I.G.O.T.A. are teaming up and are working on a program to help feed them and get them back on their feet again. If your wondering why I'm doing this please check out IGOTASAVIOR.COM if you want to know what I stand for. I don't force anything on anyone, but I think once you see what I stand for you will see why this community runs so well and why we have NO DRAMA!

I have set us a goal of $500 at the top of the forum for us to reach with in one month. Once we hit that goal this money will be used to fund the start of the food pantry for these kids and their family's. No kid deserves this and this is something that I must do for them. Your name will not be posted or the amount you gave. Only I will know. I feel this way you can give what you can afford. I will be donating also to this cause as I feel this is something I must do. So please join me today and do something that will make you feel great. You can click the donation bar and it will walk you through the whole process. Thanks and God Bless you all!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I work for a Food Bank, and this is a situation I see everyday. I'm not sure how far along in the food pantry start up you are, but the first thing you should do, if you haven't already, is contact your local Food Bank. Besides the local community, they really will be your greatest resource. My Food Bank provides fresh produce, frozen meats, fresh eggs, as well as non-perishable items on a weekly basis to our member agencies (pantries, shelters, soup kitchens).

One of the programs we run here is call Send Hunger Packing. Every Friday, the child is sent home with a pre-pack of non-perishable foods, such as peanut butter and jelly, chili, soup, etc. This is something that a the families rely on since a lot of time they cannot afford to provide 6 meals over the weekend.

Also, I'm not sure how Pennsylvania's school feeding programs work since I work in New Jersey, but have the parents of the children call the school and find out about receiving a free or reduced-cost breakfast and lunch. They do this based on income.

Good luck with everything and if you need any help or information, please let me know!

P.s. From what I can tell, this would be your local Food Bank. If not, try Feeding America's site, they are a national parent program that all Food Banks answer to.

http://www.sharedharvest.org/default.aspx

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for all the information! This is something I have a great passion for. No kid deserves to go to sleep or to school hungry.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

We have already received $100 towards are goal. I know we can do this. Only $400 left to go! all.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

for a great cause!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

i work with my food ministry at church and know exactly where you are coming from with this. ill will try to get you as much help as i can as well. This is a great cause that i hope to be able to help support.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by etownshooter2005 View Post
    i work with my food ministry at church and know exactly where you are coming from with this. ill will try to get you as much help as i can as well. This is a great cause that i hope to be able to help support.
    Thanks pal. Most people have no idea what I do or am about. I'm glad you understand.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Someone is going to match your donations! This will be a great way for us to get to our goal. I have faith so please give what you can.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

If you can help in anyway please do so. Thank you.