Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exhaust help why is it not loud?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lightbulb exhaust help why is it not loud?

so i recently purchased my friends turbo xs 4" downpipe and Invidia N1 race catback

those were the only mods done to his sti it was pretty loud. the N1 race catback is loud to begin with.
    but when i put it all on my bugeye it was not as loud as i assumed it would be. i also have a friend running a different downpipe and same catback on his wrx and his car is louder then mine.

why could this set up not be as loud on my car? im so confused by it. the whole reason i purchased this set up was because i wanted it to be loud.

the only mods different that i have is an invidia up pipe.

i doubt this has anything to do with it but ill throw it out there. on his car he cracked piston 4 and there was oil sludge in the downpipe and midpipe. we tried to was it out but im sure there is still a little in there i doubt this has anything to do with how loud the car is.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2.5l vs 2.0 has something to do with it.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Also are you running with a baffle where maybe he didnt have it in when he had it installed on his car?? Just a thought

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Like a silencer ? not that im aware of. i assume it has to be with the muffler in some way. because the car is has zero cats and no resonator so it should be FFFFing loud.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

it does i know a 2.5 should be slightly louder but this exhaust sounds quite i listen to clips of other car with it on youtube and its not loud at all.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

im his other friend that he is talking about and mine is a 2.0 but is way louder than his. mine might have been louder than the 2.5 also. the only thing i can think is maybe the different uppipes or even maybe my downpipe but im not even sure.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Hi Jim, go do a intro thread. Niko, I'll have to hear this in person.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i will tom once my car is back to me haha.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have an invidia uppipe on the car.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 05suby View Post
    i will tom once my car is back to me haha.
    Let's go son, today's the day. Also, I heard the exhaust in person on Saturday. It's loud, you're just desensitized. Jim/05suby just happens to have a freakishly amazing exhaust note so don't be sad. Nobodys sounds as good as his.
    Every thug needs a lady.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast