Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Swaybar Problems

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Swaybar Problems

I have a Whiteline 22mm adjustable (3 point) rear sway bar. When I have it set to the stiffest setting, the end of the bar will hit my trailing arms close to the link mounts.....it sits normal, but if I hit a bump and get enough suspension travel they will hit....

I don't have the bar in backwards or anything.....

Whats going on? It looks like I may have to cut off the end of the sway so it wont hit anymore...but I don't want to butcher it.....Am I missing something?

96 Outback

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

That is normal on that setting. On my STi they are very close also. I guess they weren't thinking of you going airborn.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

We have seen this on several applications, on some of the models adjustable rear endlinks help prevent this but do not always stop it.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Its really irratating. I've been considering of taking a cut off wheel or the acetylene torch to the ends.