Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speedo odometer issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

speedo odometer issue

On my way home from work i look down and all of a sudden they are not working no speed and odometer is not forward any suggestions?? what to look for and where??

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Please explain a little better. I don't understand

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

speedo and odometer just stopped working
    everything else does

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

dont know if the cable has disconnected or sending unit connection came undone??

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There is no cable...its all electronic.

Your transmission has two speed sensors on it. One front and one rear. Check to make sure they are still plugged in and if they are, one of them is likely bad. What model / year is your car? I have speed sensors I can sell you if you need them.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

check all your fuses, vss can be checked with a multimeter, you can search for the procedure or it should be in a chilton or haynes manual. I had this problem in a toyota once, and I used an obd2 scanner to see if my vss was still working, ended up being a bad conection at cluster.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

thanks guys for you help
    will tear into this on my weekend

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

downloaded a app to my phone for a speedo took it for a test and i noticed cruise control does not work and at 4500rpm i hit a rev limiter
    any thoughts on the no cruise control or rev limiter??

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ecu may be in limp home mode, cruise control relies on speed signal, did you check all your fuses, check the connectors on your speed sensors and make sure they are not damaged. pull your cluster and check the connections, pay attention to the ribbbon
    cable that contacts the plug. Since your cruise dosent work, my money is on a bad vss or a blown fuse. second guess is corosion or damage on a connector somewhere, other than that a bad ground. If you dont feel comfortable working on your electrical system, find a shop in your area or better yet see if there is a forum member in that part of the world that could help you out, like someone with a obd2 scanner.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

i have a buddy with one i'll get ahold of him for the odb2
    john i think i'll get those sensors from you send me a pm on how to get the money to ya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast