Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: performance chip, what do you think

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

performance chip, what do you think

what do you guys think of this chip and putting it in my 07 2.5i???http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1253#vi-ilComp

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

One kid I know had one said it didn't do anything. Up to you if you want to spend the money on it or not just my 2 cents.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i just want to run better times on the track and i don't feel like dumping 4 grand i dont' ahve into a turbo and tune

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rek888v2 View Post
    Please dont use those on subies of any kind. Get a stand alone unit like mega squirt or see if COBB is offering an Accessport for the 2.5i. Also look into Opensource tuning. Id be willing to help you tune it over the interwebz. Just, for the love of god, do not use some jenky Ebay POS "Super Chip"....
    What he said.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i just want more hp and better fuel

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'd suggest open source i don't remember if they support the 2.5i or not but worth a look

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rek888v2 View Post
    Please dont use those on subies of any kind. Get a stand alone unit like mega squirt or see if COBB is offering an Accessport for the 2.5i. Also look into Opensource tuning. Id be willing to help you tune it over the interwebz. Just, for the love of god, do not use some jenky Ebay POS "Super Chip"....
    What he said X2

Open source it. Not to expensive for a tactrix and if Rek is offering to E-tune it then there is half the battle

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DO NOT buy those.

I've had excellent luck with Megasquirt. I even have some maps I can send to you if you used MS1

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i don't have the money to buy any of those yet

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Megasquirt.... everytime I read that it makes me laugh like an immature 13yr old.

Anyway, like everyone said DONT buy it. Save your money, and do opentune or megasquirt (giggle) and do it correctly or you WILL be rebuilding or replacing your motor sooner than you can say "shouldve saved for a turbo swap"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast