Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: transmission problem

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

transmission problem

hey i have a 2003 wrx with 5 speed transmission. today i was driving and i was in second gear in a turn i went to third gear and it locked up my transmission. i cant shift at all but i managed to get it back into first idk how but it just happened. i called a dealership to ask what was wrong and they said it maybe my synchros or my shifter fork. idk which one it will be but i can still drive in first gear when i put my clutch to the ground i cant pull my shifter fork out. but also the shifter doesnt moved at all. just like sits in the middle. doesnt even look like im in a gear.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

i would bet on the fork being bent. i had a friend with a gc that had that happen especially if it has been beaten on. if it were the synchronizers it wouldnt effect the position of the shifter itself.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

how much for a new fork?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

not sure on that one. would have to do some digging on that one. then there is the matter of changing it lol.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds like yet another WRX tranny failure! These things are notorious for going out, especially 2nd and 3rd gear. This is the first Ive heard of this issue though. Keep us in the loop, let us know what we can do to help, and dont forget there are some great vendors on this site that can help with parts!

Where in tampa do you live? In case one of us lives nearby and can lend a hand.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Shift fork