Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Changing pads on WRX brakes... what a pain

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Changing pads on WRX brakes... what a pain

Bought my 07 wagon used, with 45k miles, had so much rust on the pins holding the brakes pads, i spent a good 2 hours knocking them out without damaging the soft metal, and cleaning up the pins with some sandpaper so the pads can slide. The corrosion locked my pad against the rotor, wearing down one side. Getting the rotor turned this morning and hopefully putting my baby back together tonight.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any rust prevention around the brakes? clearly no grease is going to work near the brakes. My pads did come with a small packet of grey "lubricant" (graphite based?) i am curious as to if this is exactly what im looking for?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Yep. It's called antiseize. We use it at the garage. Not cheap, but works greattttttttt!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

^ +1

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

danks mon. Appreciate every bit of info i can get from ya

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 07sleeperwagon View Post
    danks mon. Appreciate every bit of info i can get from ya
    That is what we here for. All we ask is that you spread the word and support us when you can buy becoming a premium member.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

is paypall the only payment method?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

is paypall the only payment method?
    Yes, why?

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No worries, just thinking about buying a membership and a windshield banner!

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No worries, just thinking about buying a membership and a windshield banner!
    You will like them both I promise. Plus you can join us in live chat.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have always just used caliper grease...but I haven't lived in any states where rust is really a concern. AZ, TX, and GA are pretty much rust free states.