Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOVED: Air Intake - Engine Choking [SOLVED]

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subarupagan View Post
    a guy at advance auto parts who went to uti and built cars says it shouldn't have any problems as long as i build it right and secure it right and that he could do parts to gain 35hp with out even having to touch the computer
    He is dead wrong.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

but apparently if i do a hybrid intake i will get a mild roar out of it not like the cone but much louder than stock

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You can listen to him if you want. He isn't a Subaru expert, he is a parts sales man

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

haha yea i went to uti too and he is wrong. yea you can put it on there but it isnt right for the subarus lol. i would be ashamed if he actually went for the power and performance program lol. hey dont hate on us parts salesman lol. not all of us are stupid lol im ASE certified lol and know better lol

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ok he is saying with my 3" pvc piping i'm gonna throw a lean code while using my hybrid

i took off the cone and put the box on with the origonal maf housing

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

you shouldnt have any issues with a lean code since it is after the maf. the smooth hybrid pipe should actually help because it doesnt have the baffles to create turbulance in the airflow lol.

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

so in its current stage with the 3" piping after the 2.5" maf housing i shouldn't get any codes or anything messing up should be perfectly fine correct

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

if i take the whole silencer out fully but leave that little duct of the intake were it leads to the silencer i should get sufficent amount of air right? and i'm just gonna make the hybrid proper tubing diameter so i won't throw any more codes

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

im not one of the 99% lol yayz

10. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

tho i did technically drop out of UTI

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast