Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weird sound coming from my car, more specifically from the front drive line

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Weird sound coming from my car, more specifically from the front drive line

it's an 07 wrx wagon, and i got a noise i originally thought may be a bad wheel bearing.

I only can hear it at slower speeds like pulling in my driveway and stopping at lights. it occurs in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse (havent heard it in fourth or fifth cuz of the wind, sounds like a grinding right as im about to stop completely. so far i have jacked up my car and checked for back and forth play from each from tire. No play what so ever. sounds like its only coming from the front left wheel well.

any troubleshooting would help, as i have to get to class pretty soon, and im banking on it being drive-able for the next two days....
    i have been driving to and from class for a couple days, breaks my heart that my car sounds like a piece of crap driving through town.

looking at my front rotors, i noticed some difference in the wear and tear. Front left rotor has striations along the braking surface on the outer edge. but i dont think this particular problem is brakes, because as im rolling to a stop in my driveway i notice the sound the most.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Do you hear it when you are pulling our or only when you are braking??

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i had the same problem it was a imploded caliper pushing the pistons so the brake was basically constantly on and i had warped rotors but that was my situation only heard it at low speeds higher if i stuck my head out the window ..... sounds like grind...grind...grind..grind as if u can hear it in one spot of the tire and hear it every time it laps around???

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

thanks subbiepagan that sounds spot on

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

sadly i haven't had it off road much

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

go get a free brake check and have them look at everything