Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: parking lights

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

parking lights

my parking lights stay on all the time even with my car completly off. for the night i pulled the fuse out for tails and disconneted connector for head lights... seems to me there is a short somewhere... anyone have any clue where to look? today i took my guages out to remove the green film on the back... could there be a problem with any wirirng behind guages?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i ran into this when i took my gauges out. ontop of your steering column there is a switch which is for your parking lights flip it back so the red line isn't showing

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

if thats it im gonna feel so dumb. lol. didnt even think of that cuz i never use that switch.lol

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subarupagan View Post
    i ran into this when i took my gauges out. ontop of your steering column there is a switch which is for your parking lights flip it back so the red line isn't showing
    Told people that one quite a few times sad thing is 99% of the time that's all it is. Its an unknown switch to anyone who's not a Subie enthusiast lol

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i learned that in my first 10 minutes of owning my car cuz when i buy a car i look at EVERYTHING i must know what does what and what little secret things there are to my car and how to make certain things do what. i'm an electronics geek :-D

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Not necessarily a bad thing mike lol

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

damn straight plus i'm good with my hands so when i look at things i usually figure out how they work and i **** myself when i took my gauges out cuz i forgot about that switch cuz u can't see it the way i sit and they were on for a good 2 hrs before i shut them off

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

nice

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

yeah i feel dumb to not have thought of that... thats what it was...

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Haha it happens Bryan lol