Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MOVED: recalibrating rpm gauge

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

MOVED: recalibrating rpm gauge

so i went to sand off the ugly green on the back of my cluster gauges and i actually took the needles off my rpm and speedometer, my speedometer seems to be fine it just lags going from 20 down to 0 but my rpm gauge with the car off is at 1k i can't seem to get it to work right it laggs horribly granted its not that important seeing as i have an automatic but the fact its messed up is going to bother the hell out of me.... please help

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

a new cluster is a few hundred bucks

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

the main problem was that the whole pin came out with the needle. apparent'y if i have my friend with her 06 2.5i drive at 30 mph and i match her i can just place the needles at 30mph and what ever the rpm is and that should fix everythign i just don't know how to fix the lagg in it

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You have to get the needle set in the right position...and its near impossible to do.

Last time I took off needles, the pin spun backwards. It was just trial and error getting it turn the right direction enough times for it to read right. It was lots of pulling the needle off and resetting it.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

thats kinda whats happeninfg to me i got my speedo back to normal using cruise control and my gps just my rpm it glitches and doesn't go back down while i'm driving or anything

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

there is a video of the gauges in action very hard to do while driving in traffic

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

This is hardly an urgent help issue... Unless you are stranded or are in the middle of a time critical build please refrain from asking questions in the Urgent Help forum.