Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HOW TO INSTALL HELLA SUPERTONES

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HOW TO INSTALL HELLA SUPERTONES

this is my first diy and it is on how to install hella super tones. the installation part is pretty easy its the removal of the grill( atleast for my car it is hard) and finding the right placement.

this is all the supplies you need...

hella horns, male disconnects, female disconnects, 3/4" circle ring, electrical tape, 10mm socket, 12mm socket, wire strippers,12 gauge wire, gloves to keep clean, and a tape measure

start off by taking your positive battery terminal off with a 10mm socket

i like to stick a rag in between to avoid sparking and such
    next your going to want to remove your grill

all 6 bigger pop rivits and all 6 smaller rivits need to come off
    there are 4 clips for the middle part of the grill and 4 for the sides the sides are located at the top left bottom left(on the bottom peice) and 2 on the right side push the grill up to while pushing the bottom clip to pop it out then keep it pushed in and pull to the side to get the left side one out partially pull it out and bend the whole grill/bumper foward to see the 2 clips on the right pop those out with a flat head and pull tada.
    after you get all 3 peices off this is what you see.
    you can see both horns, unplug both gently and use a 12mm socket to remove them.
    once they are removed you need to make a ground wire. use a 1/3" circle ring and 2 pieces of 12 gauge wire try to i used 2 rings due to the size of the wire and rings, once you make those you take 2 female disconnects and attach them to the other end

that bolt that looks sunken in under the hood latch, remove that with the 12mm socket and place the circle connectors under it and put the bolt back that is your ground,
    now you want to cut 2 12" strips of 12 gauge wire and put one female and one male disconnects on each, once that is done put a ground wire and a female disconnect into one hella horn, take the spare male disconnect and put it into the female disconnect that oringonally attached to the horn ( all it does is extend the wire really)
    now time to find a place to put them...
    if you have the same kind of grill like mine you can not do as this picture shows
    for the "wings" on the side grills prohibit the grills from fitting back on, i found that if you find a 3/8 bolt and locking nut there are holes on the top of the frame that you can see from the side grills (picture unavalible) just screw them on there. re attach your battery and test, when puttiing the side grills back on do the top inner corners first then bang the rest in or else they will not line up right (took me 30 minutes to figure that one out).

and this is your end product

enjoy

happy mudding,
    subarupagan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-03-12_18-59-44_706.jpg  

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

nice love the Advance Auto Parts Battery XD

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

nice DIY, but has anyone installed the Super tones using the Relay, I bought my kit from a buddy in my club. IAG ( in Maryland ) set him up with the harness including a fuse relay. it was a 04 set-up, I put them on my 02 using this method, just wanted to know if anyone had any luck with the Relay installion. the GF makes fun of the Supertones.. calls it the clown horn meh

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rbuc82 View Post
    nice DIY, but has anyone installed the Super tones using the Relay, I bought my kit from a buddy in my club. IAG ( in Maryland ) set him up with the harness including a fuse relay. it was a 04 set-up, I put them on my 02 using this method, just wanted to know if anyone had any luck with the Relay installion. the GF makes fun of the Supertones.. calls it the clown horn meh
    I installed mine with the relay.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ditto. Much louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

i used the relay. easy install and worth it for the extra loudness

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by etownshooter2005 View Post
    i used the relay. easy install and worth it for the extra loudness
    Yep I agree with him. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

hgdZh