Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steering Wheel vibration at 50+ mph.

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hope not. I replaced them with koyo bearings. One hub was shot so I replaced that with a new one from napa. And the other side is the OEM one.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Talked to Scott at Punisher today, he agrees that having non matching driveline components can cause problems. You may want to switch that other hub and amke sure you have the same bearing set on either side. Subarus AWD system relies on every thing being equal at every corner , hence driveline problems with tire diameter differences.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Okay I will give that a shot

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Issue has FINALLY been resolved.

Replaced EVERYTHING as far as knuckle and hub and had a new bearing installed. Issue is fixed.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Baddog View Post
    Issue has FINALLY been resolved.

Replaced EVERYTHING as far as knuckle and hub and had a new bearing installed. Issue is fixed.
    Good deal. I bet your happy now.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah I was dealing with the issue for about 10 months. Never felt it so smooth

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Glad to see that you finally got the issue fixed!

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Happy Trails.

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Does anyone think it could just be a wheel bearing? Would a broken tire belt do that?I let my son use my car last week and when I got it back today and went for a drive the steering wheel was vibrating really bad. He had used the slap shift ( which I never do) so at first I thought it had something to do with that but now I don't think so. This happens at 45+. I let go of the wheel and the car drives straight but you can see and feel the shake. I drove it to a friends about 50 miles away and it seemed to get better. On my way home it wasn't shaking at all? Its a 06 Legacy...any ideas?

PS I tried to turn to page 3 of this thread but it wouldn't let me.

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imjustagirl View Post
    Does anyone think it could just be a wheel bearing? Would a broken tire belt do that?I let my son use my car last week and when I got it back today and went for a drive the steering wheel was vibrating really bad. He had used the slap shift ( which I never do) so at first I thought it had something to do with that but now I don't think so. This happens at 45+. I let go of the wheel and the car drives straight but you can see and feel the shake. I drove it to a friends about 50 miles away and it seemed to get better. On my way home it wasn't shaking at all? Its a 06 Legacy...any ideas?

PS I tried to turn to page 3 of this thread but it wouldn't let me.
    Did the shaking disappear over time?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast