Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL IGOTASUBARU.COM build thread

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The OFFICIAL IGOTASUBARU.COM build thread

Some of you may have caught wind that we have been tossing around the idea of a build for a little while now. This build is intended to be a car for IGOTASUBARU.COM.

Our goals for this build are
    • Promoting IGOTASUBARU.COM
    • Drawing our community closer together
    • Having a project that everyone can take part of in some way shape or form
    • Test vehicle for prototype ideas and parts from the Elite Subaru members
    • and various other reasons - but these are the big ones
    Now at one time the idea of a "community" car was tossed around. Something that the community as a whole shared, but this would not work for several reasons. The biggest reasons are registration and insurance. Having a car jump around between several different people would just not work.....when it was passed onto the next person, they may or may not take care of it, etc....

This build is going to be a privately owned vehicle, but built for IGOTASUBARU.COM. CRZTRBO (JJ Smith), JAC Wagon (Adam Claude) and myself will be managing this.

The car will be built here in the Phoenix, Arizona area. We are looking at starting building soon. Currently, we are looking for a worthy roller to use for this build.

The build will be comprised of the following :
    • Modified Forester suspension
    • Built (forged) EJ257 shortblock
    • EJ205 heads
    • Stage 2 clutch kit
    • Short shifter
    • 4.44 final drive 5MT
    • BD or GC build depending on what vehicle we find
    Just like this site, this build is not going to be possible without the support of the community, and our vendors. As of now, we have the support of a few.

Personal Sponsors and Supporters
    • CRZTRBO
    • John (builder / driver)
    • JAC Wagon (builder / driver)
    • Subieluv (financial)
    • docdesigned (vinyl)
    • Eekay (EJ20G block)
    • rek888v2 (various parts and tuning)
    • ​Off Road SHO

Commercial Sponsors and Supporters

• IGOTASUBARU.com
    • IGOTASTI.com
    • Defined Performance
    • To the Limit Motorsports
    • Punisher Performance & Tuning
    Now with all this being said, this is not my first rodeo. I've built several Subarus, I've spent lots of time on the track...enough to say I'm a fairly experienced builder and driver. Adam is well on his way there as well.

Personal Sponsorship packages that are available are :
    Silver Supporter : $50
    Gold Supporter : $100
    Silver Contributor : $200
    Gold Contributor : $300
    Silver Sponsor : $400
    Gold Sponsor : $500

In exchange for donations, your screen name will be put on the car as a decal. Depending on the level of your contribution, your decal size and location will vary.

Commercial Vendor Sponsors :
    • Discounted Parts
    • Free Parts
    • Bronze Sponsor : $1000
    • Silver Sponsor : $1500
    • Gold Sponsor : $2000
    For vendors, you as well will get a decal on the vehicle. Size and location will vary depending on the contribution. I am reserving the top windshield stripe for our biggest contributing Vendor Sponsor.

Donations bigger or smaller then what is listed are more than welcome. Please keep in mind that any contributions to this build do not go towards the purchase of any kind of premium memberships here on IGOTASUBARU.COM. This is a completely different thing.

If you would like to contribute before I finish setting up sponsorship packages, please let me know. Here is the pay pal information.
    email : build@igotasubaru.com
    paypal : build@igotasubaru.com
    Last edited by John; 03-21-2012 at 02:22 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

Ladies First

User Info Menu

This is great guys! I am so down to sponsor. This is awesome.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This is gonna be awesome for the whole community! I can't wait to show off my mad driving skillz!!!!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Wait... John who said JJ could drive?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    Wait... John who said JJ could drive?
    I got to dislike something for once!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I'm selling a GC swap in progress that meet a lot of your requirements:

Its a 1995 Brighton with basically a full 03 wrx drivetrain swap and
    USDM 03 WRX motor with 14k miles on rebuild with forged internals and STI oil pump
    03 wrx 5 speed which I believe doesn't have very many miles on it, not sure though. (This is the only wiring it needs done, the harness that was swapped into this car had a legacy transmission, so you just need to switch the plugs for the wrx)
    Wiring harness was merged by LIC motorsports back when they did that sort of thing
    VF39 turbo with SS oil feed line
    ACT lightened flywheel with a new exedy clutch
    STI pink injectors
    STI TMIC
    WRX front crossmember with WRX lower control arms
    STI rear subframe and lateral links
    WRX 5x100 hubs
    WRX brakes front brakes and legacy rear brakes
    WRX power steering
    STI quick steering rack
    WRX wheels with good tires
    JDM V6/7 struts and springs
    WRX front swaybar and whiteline adjustable rear sway bar

Its completely gutted, I was going to use this as a track car but I'm building another one and I don't have the time/money for it/

What it needs:
    Bolt the front fenders and bumper on (removed old bumper and fender because they had a dent on there right side, but replacements are black).
    Connect everything (wire connectors, hoses, power steering, etc)
    Base map tune (was originally tuned at 300 AWHP but it went with the access port that was sold)
    Wire 2 connectors for the transmission (original car had a legacy spec B transmission and the plugs are different)

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I look forward to this!! Can't wait to help!

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You all have been super supportive so far, thank you! We look forward to building and racing a bad *** rally car.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    You all have been super supportive so far, thank you! We look forward to building and racing a bad *** rally car.
    Wow! Should be sick as hell! The only thing that would make it better is if it was a BC w/EJ22T. JK! You guys are awesome and GL! Where are pics? Without pics this thread is worthless.

Can I sit in the back and drink beer?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast