Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gas Problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I know in the older Legacys the gas gauges are infamous for being inaccurate. I had one that would sit on E for 200 miles....I had another that would jump from full to 1/4 tank after 150 miles.......they are kind of hit or miss. The contacts on the float in the tank or whatever wear out on them. I don't know if its an issue with newer models or not though.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I know in the older Legacys the gas gauges are infamous for being inaccurate. I had one that would sit on E for 200 miles....I had another that would jump from full to 1/4 tank after 150 miles.......they are kind of hit or miss. The contacts on the float in the tank or whatever wear out on them. I don't know if its an issue with newer models or not though.
    There seems to be an issue with one of the sending units reading incorrectly. I haven't looked into it yet to find out exactly what is wrong, but I will be doing that soon as my car has had this problem for forever. I've only seen and heard of this issue on our older cars, and never on any of the newer cars.