Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piston Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Piston Help

I have decided to just turbo the EJ22E that i have but will definitely be beefing up the internals. What would be the best piston bore to go with the 96.9mm bore of the EJ22E? i have found many at summit and other places and the closest i have found are 93mm all the others are bigger for the EJ25 family of motors.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Piston manufactures make can make the pistons to order as well if you are looking for something unique. I have had great success with Wiseco and CP when it comes to Subaru Engines.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well I was looking on the summit racing website. They had 93mm JC? Forged dish pistons any opinions

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

What is the engine for?? Let me see what I can find you for this.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Its the stock ej22e looking to put a td04 on for my 91 wagon. Not looking for high boost (like 10psi) for a mild 300 HP tops

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Wiseco makes and off the shelf piston for your motor if you use an EJ25D crank and rod combo.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

10psi on a TDO4 won't get you 300 at the wheels. You're looking more in the area of 200-230ish to the wheels with that setup.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Well yea I just meant that 300 was the most I'd want to go not that that's what I'd get lol

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

To give you an idea of what kind of power you can get out of a TD04...

My 95 Legacy had the following mods

660 side feed injectors
    Megasquirt 1 Stand Alone ECU
    Ford EDIS w/ MSD
    Rotated TD04
    FMIC
    EJ20R
    3 inch turbo back exhaust w/ 1 high flow cat
    AEM wideband
    Pro dyno tune (speed density - no MAF)

I was putting 229 torque and 230 horses to the wheels at 15psi. (on leaky head gaskets)

Not really big numbers, but the car was stupid fast. It would blow the paint off a C5 vette

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Wiseco has part # K601M975 available for these. The bore size for these pistons is 97.5mm which would mean boring the cylinders .6mm from your 96.9mm. This is not uncommon or much to do either. PM me if you would like a price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast