Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: easy cheap way to get more power

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I found that putting aftermarket HU's in both of my subies made enough volume for me. And this is coming from a kid who used to get "noise violation" tickets

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Okay, here's my $.02 on all of this..

Rear deck speakers are ALWAYS going to sound different, and better than front door speakers. This is mostly because the front speakers have a smaller "enclosure" formed by the inside of the door. The rear deck speakers are sealed to the trunk, which is a massive space. So bass and fullness will be reduced.

If you are concerned with overall volume level differences, this is mostly caused by the stock head design to bias power slightly towards the front.

Now, you could have simply crossed both sets of wires to the rear speakers. That would also cause the issues you are describing.

What I would do, after making sure the wires are correctly hooked up, is upgrade the head unit, and not to some $100 ish unit.. A decent upgrade would be the Alpine CDE-124SXM which is just over $200 or so. It will have some very decent audio tuning features. AND most importantly, it is compatible with Alpine's KTP-445 mini amplifier. This unit puts out around 45 watts rms to each speaker and only costs around $130 or so.
    Last edited by Kenny; 02-28-2012 at 05:40 PM.

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I #1 all 4 speakers are in the door not the deck #2 I have an in dash 6cd changer

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subarupagan View Post
    I #1 all 4 speakers are in the door not the deck #2 I have an in dash 6cd changer
    Alright, well I assumed you had a sedan because you never said otherwise. This just means something might be cross-wired (have you checked yet?) or you're stock head unit isn't putting out enough wattage to the rear. And that means that either your stocker came that way (like it's been said, some do...) or something is wrong with the head unit amplifier.

Also, just because you have a CD changer doesn't mean you can't upgrade...

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I do got a sedan and i was told I would need a custom deck inorder to upgrade I did the working myself so i know that is fine I.. The speaker side atleast the volume goes loud just whether bass hits my. Pioneers sound like a tight snare drum

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ok peep game for decent bass from the rear and if you can find them kicker made a pair of 6X9 with no tweeters and 300w peak and 100w rms that were free air and did the job perfectly from the back dash. but i would save add component speakers to the rear /with modification of course and better head unit. if not get like a 10 and amp and bang out. just my 2 cents lol

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

so i went to advance auto parts today to get my alternator and battery tested, my battery was past the point of no return so i got the gold battery, still thinking of upgrading to the red top for an extra $80 but the sound problem has dissipated and sounds much better, the back speakers sound a little louder now any idea's

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Glad to hear it! Guess Im not as dumb as I look

9. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

now next question should the gold battery be good enough or should i upgrade to redtop

10. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Should be enough for now. Red tops are awesome though, but it can wait till this battery dies or if you start adding KC Daylighters, a winch and a bunch of stereo equipment like I did in my Jeep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123