Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: easy cheap way to get more power

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

easy cheap way to get more power

i recently put 300watt pioneer speakers in the front, 65 watt kickers in the back there is not enough power going to them at all i can barley hear the back as was the problem with my stock speakers. just seeing if there is any other way than to buy an amplifier because i haven't decided if i want to put subs in or not....

also how easy is it to take the dash bulbs out of a 2007 2.5i as i would like to change them from green to red

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

NOTE: my dome light flickers if door is open and music is turned up, also its been draining my battery pretty hard

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You might want to get your battery and alternator tested. One or both might be slowly failing.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Also, I assume you still have a stock head unit? you usually dont hear the rears as much as they arent as high rated Watts wise. Besides, stock heads are WEAK and cant really push high end upgraded speakers.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i have the indash 6 cd changer so i can't really get rid of it. and i bought the car this AUGUST but i will go get those checked if not what else could i do besides upgrading the battery

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Perhaps if you post more information about your Suby, and the things youve installed so far. The difference between Subaru models, and years is as varied as the colors they come in!

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

its a 2007 2.5i 48K miles it came with the stock speakers and stock 6cd changer. i installed 65 watt kicker k60's in the back 300 watt pionner (i forget exactly wich model) once i put the pioneers in the bass was amazing as these speakers have the widest decible range. thats when the power problems began i also installed the sylvania (hid like) headlights u get at autozone for $60. same kind of bulbs for my fogs and sylvania brake and reverse lights thats about all. now when i have my music on if i put it past 20 (out of 50) u can hear that the speakers aren't getting enough power to them. everything runs fine otherwise.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You can buy a 4 channel amp to push your speakers easier. Thats only if the stock headunit has preouts for amp setups.

I would go to an auto shop and have your battery and then the alternator tested just to be sure. Should be a free test.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

yea autozone and advance auto parts do it for free. and i'm going to guess because i have the aux in pre installed that i should have the pre outs. and i was hoping to do it without getting an amp because i absolutly hate running those wires i've done it before and didn't enjoy it much. plus i don't have a big cash flow to use.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

you could also look for a used amp if you need one and are tight on funds...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast