Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tdo4 ewg setup

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tdo4 ewg setup

What are the pros and cons pf getting an ewg setup on my stock tdo4 turbo is that even a good way to go or not and also im having trouble finding a solution to mount my gauges in my 08 wrx any ideas?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Pro- faster spool up, Con- your stock, but it will make room for a bigger turbo and other goodies. Also if you don't have an AP or a tune for this you will want one to accommidate for the pressure release at spool. If it were me....... oh wait it is, stock pile the parts put them all on at once, limp mode to the tuner or until you can tune yourself and get it tuned with said goodies. All in all if your getting a really good deal on the EWG i would snag it up, due to the cost of these things. Also make sure the fitment is correct and will support your current exhaust.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well i have uppipe downpipe headers intake turbo inlet avo tmic and bov but inwanna make a litttle more power before i fully committ to a huge turbo but im still unsure on exactly what i need to run an ewg setup

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What uppipe do you have? To run an EWG you'll need to modify your existing uppipe. The nice thing about an EWG is that it is the only real way to hold off boost creep. It's worth doing if you plan on upgrading further in the future, but keep in mind if you rotate the turbo you'll need a new uppipe/downpipe. If you plan to stay stock location, also look into TGV deletes.

Also, put your stock bypass valve on, it's good to like 26PSI.