Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "breaking" in new brakes.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

"breaking" in new brakes.

So I've got new rotors (drilled and slotted) and new ceramic pads to be installed hopefully tomorrow (Friday) if I feel better.

Basic question is this: how do you seat, or break in new rotors and pads?

And follow up question: since I've never done brakes on my subies yet, just Jeeps, any tips or tricks to making it go quicker/easier?

I got the power stop kit for legacys, so I'll do a product review after I get them installed. I still need stainless brake lines and the master cylinder brace to maximize the stock brake system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba02STi View Post
    30-0 55-0 80-0... All braking as hard as possible... As far as tricks they are pretty basic... Pull calipers... Pull rotors... If the rotor is stuck abd you have the drilled hole thread a bolt in abd it should pop off.. Make sure the vents inside the rotor point forward...
    Thanks Bubba. And no worries about the rotors, they are all labeled

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I did, thanks!

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you mess up and/or get any shaky pedal feel/anything out of the ordinary remember pads can always be re-bedded.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thats good to know since my Fozzy started shaking under high speed (60mph +) braking.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Before i put them on i take like mild sand paper it think it was like 1000 grit and warm soapy water scrub both pads and rotor so you have no debris and then hit them with break cleaner to dry them then install and do what the above said and you should be good

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

BTW JAC Wagon are you on X360 with the same name cause i swear someone has the same name?

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah, I am JAC Wag0n

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

SWEET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast