Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leaking gas tank?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Leaking gas tank?

I think I may have sprung a leak in my gas tank. Its not the filler neck because its on drivers side....

Its not a hole in the bottom because it seems to only leak when I fill up the tank and I have the car angled with the driver side lower than the passenger side.

Before I start ripping things apart, what should I specifically be looking for to leak? I already tried taking off the two covers in the rear cargo area (to get to fuel pump) and couldn't see any leaks in either of those...

Am I going to be stuck dropping the tank?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Maybe the return line going back to the tank? That's the only thing I can think of that is on the driver's side. I doubt it is the supply line because that is under pressure and it would be leaking profusely all the time. Either way I would check all the lines.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You check the gasket or hoses on the drivers side pre pump, pump thing?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've been too lazy....well busy is more like it.... to look into this more. I'm just not filling my tank all the way until I get it figured out.

I think I'm going to drop the tank when I have time and see whats going on.

Gino, I'll let you know if I need that tank as soon as the time comes. Thanks a bunch man