Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active duty, Reserve, Veteran Military members post here!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Active duty, Reserve, Veteran Military members post here!

Hey all you fellow Squids, Gi's, Devil Dawgs, Fly boys and Puddle Pirates!

Post up what your job is, was, will be and where youve been stationed. Any other info you want to toss out there too! Lets see how many Suby owners are willing to lay down there life for their fellow man.

My resume:
    US Navy bootcamp RTC Great Lakes, IL March-June '99
    Quartermaster A School NTC Great Lakes, IL June-July '99
    USS Chinook PC9 NAB Little Creek, VA Aug '99-Mar '04

Got out as a QM2 (E-5)

Also went TAD to several other PC's after 9/11. Including USS Firebolt PC10 Aug '03-Oct '03 I left earlier than the rest of the crew so I could rejoin with my original crew back in TX to finish up their deployment for Homeland Security.

Got out of the Navy March of 2004 while talking to the US Coast Guard recruiter, expecting to transfer right over. 18 months later and a 2 paygrade loss, I finally got back in the military.

US Coast Guard "Pitstop" (Prior Service Training Program) Aug-Sep '05
    Coast Guard Station Wachapreague, VA Sep '05-May '06
    Boatswains Mate A School Yorktown, VA May-Jul '05
    Coast Guard Station Honolulu, HI Aug '04-May '10 (went TAD to USCG Cutter AHI, USCG ANT Honolulu, USCG Cutter Walnut)
    Coast Guard Cutter Bertholf Jun '10-Jun '13 (Current duty station)
    Last edited by JAC Wagon; 02-22-2012 at 09:54 PM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

RTC Great Lakes july-august 2005
    ATC Great Lakes
    A School- Point loma, Ca
    aviation electricans mate 2nd class
    was stationed at point mugu, ca
    attached to USS Abraham Lincoln (cvn 72) with
    VAW 116 E2-C Hawkeye
    Operation Iraqi freedom
    Operation New Dawn
    Operation Enduring Freedom
    IA tour boots on ground baghdad 2009-2010
    Last edited by etownshooter2005; 02-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Was an Aircraft Fuel Systems Journeyman in the AF for 6 years. Made it to E-5. Was stationed at Misawa, Japan for 4 years from Jan 2006-Jan 2010. While stationed there I deployed to Iraq twice (Jan 07-June 07 and Sept 08-Mar 09) I also went TDY to Alaska (Eielson AFB near Fairbanks). After I left Japan, I got stationed at Hill AFB in Utah. From here I went TDY to Cold Lake Canada. I worked on the F-16 my entire career.

"If you got the drip, I got the cure!"

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

March-May '99 Navy boot camp in Great Mistakes, Il.
    May-Sep '99 Aviation Electronics Technician "A" school
    Oct '99-Oct '01 HMT-303 Camp Pendleton, Ca. working on H-1 Hueys and Cobras
    Jan '02-Mar '04 USS Nimitz (CVN-68) San Diego, Ca. working on fire control radars for the S-3, F/A-18 and countermeasures set for the EA-6B

Feb-Mar '05 Prior Service Training Program (PTSP) for the Coast Guard
    Mar-Nov '05 Electronics Support Detachment San Diego, Ca.
    Nov '05-June '08 USCGC Hamilton (WHEC-715)
    July '08-Dec '10 Electronics Support Detachment Alameda, Ca.
    Dec '10-Current USCGC Bertholf (WMSL-750)
    Next up- Communications Area Master Station, Pacific in Point Reyes, Ca.

So far so good. Only 8 more years to retirement!!

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

SGT Doucette, Brandon G. 4-1FA 3-1AD Afghanistan, RC East
    Ft Sill Ok for Basic/AIT (13B Cannon Crew Member)
    Korea for two years 1/15 FA Driver and Gunner
    Ft Sill Ok 2/2 FA for two years as a 89B (ammo spc) loved that job, ran ammo for the whole post, 100,000 artillery rounds successfully delivered, and over 4 mil small arms.
    Korea for one year 1/15FA, Howitzer Section Chief, and a little hiccup at the end of the ride, but still busted SSG's and Sgt's asses in being a chief.
    Ft Bliss TX 4-1 FA, for three years, Howitzer Gunner and Section Chief, most training ive ever done in my life. Two Top Gun Accomplishments.
    RC East, Afghanistan, current, Howitzer section Chief and once again Top Gun, like i said when my gun talks bad guys listen.
    Waiting to get back in April and start Project Scoob, and then in November ill report to Ft Hood Texas, with the family i've been apart from for three years, yes three years the army has kept my battle and me away from each other. Shes a SGT as well in the AGR. "We don't raise losers or doubters, We raise those who want to be assure and live vigilant."

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Damn where to start, i'm a 19D cavalry scout currently stationed at Fort Carson Colorado with 3rd HBCT 4th Infantry Division. Got to do a lot of fun stuff early on and get some cool schools but since i'm in heavy land now those opportunities are slowly going away

Spent a year in Korea from May 05 to May 06 with a brigade recon troop at Camp Grieves

Fort Knox May 06 to Feb 07...dressed our bradleys and hummers up as russian vehicles and got to play opfor against new armor officers

Fort Lewis May 07 to Feb 11...got to be a dismounted team leader and a small kill team leader in 3rd stryker brigade 2nd ID for two tours to northern diyala

Fort Carson Feb 11 to now...was a section leader in a armored recon squadron, now currently deployed with a security force assistance advisory team to RC South

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Awesome resume!

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Adam, I'm married to Gino. I believe this qualifies me as fighting some kind of war.
    ok you're in!

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well i hope you accept international soldier in this thread...im in Croatian air force,working as armament guy on Mi 171 Sh,russian heli...in "system" from 2006.,for two years in Artillery Rocket Battalion,and after that in air force...ive been in 2 peace keeping misions,now prepering for third..i thing thats all..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast