Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: rebuild advice on 06 WRX

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Will do! Roght now it's simply getting it back together. thanks fellas!

2. Top Of Page | #32
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

well it's been awhile. My life plans have changed and had to move to Cali....well about to do the move. so I decided to just send it to S&R Performance to finally get me done once and for all. We couldn't get it tuned right and always detected knock.....I mean pulling 10* of timing knock just sitting at idle or regular drive. just couldn't get it dialed in!

I was hoping to get a year out of it while I save money since I'm now broke because of it but hey...got to do it.

Well here's some more horrific evidence of why not to use Scott Stokes.
    No wonder my car ran like crap and never could get dialed in!!! over honed block and deck was off by .04!!!!

Not did he do a sloppy work but so did his 'machine shop'. Apparently LOTS of silicone,RTV and a bunch of other crap was in there and even in the oil gullies!!

I'm now forced to go oversized pistons but hopefully i won't see anymore suprises....

* to those who get offended because it's your 'buddy' please don't bother putting in your input since many of not all of you were not present nor did you ever hear the promises Scott made and lied about. Proof is in the pudding fellas.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234