1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

well I finally got it out and check out the carnage

the turbo is ok but as you can see I was suckinh up some oil

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Long time no update but here's what been happening for those who followed a little on FB.
    the build experience was more than unsatisfactory with many delays and money wasted.

I do have my car back but not without much negligence that I have to pay someone else to fix so with that said here's what I have to deal with.
    reposition and install bell housing studs as well as install the bottom bolts which are missing.
    Heater garden houses had to be removed because of leaking issues......duh and hope I can recover my oem hoses from the shop
    hard inlet is not right and boot is slightly kinked on the turbo inlet.
    need to replace 2 tires due to improper coilover installation which caused the fender to cut the tires.
    have a oil leak either from valve covers or cam caps....got to trace that.
    re route some wiring
    re- install top coolant tank and line because they were deleted.
    last but not least.... pray the bottom end holds since i got much aluminum wear on the first 1500 miles.
    It's already tuned now and on pump gas I was able to get 301/290 with about 19.8psi. ethanol is next once the car is finished.

that's all for now! stay tuned for pics

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the issues man, hope everything works out for you. Keep us updated on the progress

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zach@TTLM View Post
    Sorry to hear about the issues man, hope everything works out for you. Keep us updated on the progress
    thanks man. I've got about 50 miles to go before replacing the oil and checking it again.
    I'm holdiong off posting pics of the car until I resolve the issues and hope my builder steps up. If not then I'll be forced to show everyone the work that was done to mine in hopes any other person does not go through it.

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The car is down again after it started smoking and smelling.
    Here's what i found.

which trickled down to this.

And here are the other leaks.

this is both coolant and oil

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

here are the other things i get when i pay for a quality build...and yes my original hoses were given to him.
    For those who remember, I did take the motor out in order to make it easier on the shop but in no way shape or form did I ever remove anything from the engine itself.
    full harness,sensors,hoses, etc. were attached. only thing I take responsibility is the missing turbo oil line. I thought i had given it but as you can see from the first page i left it attached to the vf39

top coolant tank was deleted incorrectly so of course i have to re-install that if I ever get my parts back.

who needs the battery tie down ...pshhhhh

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

by the way the heater hoses did fail and overheated the car. I had to install one hose to bypass heater until i get new ones ordered.

As of right now my car is at Subaru (where I work) and my tech is fixing it all. something I really regret is not letting him do it in the first place.
    now i have to pay double. lesson learned

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Wow!

Something I understand can be a pain in the *** like the banjo bolt leak...common to hear of those, but the hoses and other things are not good at all. Also is the one leak coming from the timing cover? If so I would guess that to be a cam seal which should be addressed.

9. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ive already stopped driving the car and ordered a new axle, cam seals, valve cover gaskets, heater hoses and a few other things.
    Tha't only part of it. I havent posted pics of the missing bell housing bolts and studs being in the wrong spot.

The car is pretty much getting taken out torn apart and re- assembled the correct way.

10. Top Of Page | #30
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Well if there is anything you may need to this repair, let us know. Be happy to help you out with our special IGOTA member pricing.. Hope all goes well this time!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast