Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: RckyMtnLegacy's 93 Turbo 'SadPanda'

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Bored waiting on these O-rings so I am trying to fit my flaps

and...trying at least to figure out the skirts

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Here is what my threads look like and I had a friend I sold my other heads to take a picture of the threads on it.

^^^^looks a bit better so I need to find a new piece or fix these. Just can't get it off without taking stuff off. 1 step forward and then 3 steps back seems to be the theme

3. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

I stripped the threads on the rear of the turbo heads and it leaked everywhere! Fixed now with help.

4. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Once everything was put together I tried to start her up and it just cranked forever but would not kick on. I figured it was my timing so I took everything apart and retimed it....and......Boom goes the Dynamite!

5. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Meaning it started up and sounds crazy loud!

Just drove it to work. Have 50 miles on the engine now but I love it.

The exhaust is just a wrx 3 in DP and thats it. Has anyone done this? and did yours shake the car like the dickens? Idle is fine but slight acceleration is a bit too loud. Think if I tightened the hangers up and added a straight pipe out the side or back may help?

Engine seems extra loud under the hood. Also it smokes after I start it up I have only started it like 6 times but its my new build so I worry. Thank you to everyone for the help and I will keep you updated.

6. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

After driving it a while I noticed it smoked on start up and leaked a bit of oil. I did an oil change on it and found it was about quart over since I was scared it was running out of oil I overfilled it. This made it slosh around more and get into the intake to eventually burn up on startup. I fixed this and now she drives great.

1000 miles after initial start up on Jan. 1st she was broken in and still going.

7. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Present Day!!! Finally I am now up to date on this forum.

2500 miles after initial start up and she is running great. I installed all 4 mud flaps (Pics soon). I also got my new front bumper painted and I hope to get new fogs for it. Exhaust is still just an open down pipe but I get a pipe bender soon so it should be completed soon.

8. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

9. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

Brake pedal got super squishy. So I need to bleed the brakes. I found a cheap pair of WRX calipers so I may go that route anyway

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast