Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RckyMtnLegacy's 93 Turbo 'SadPanda'

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

With the overheating came an oil leak! So I decided to just take it out again because it looked like it was leaking at the rear seal.
    Out she comes (again)

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

I took her out and the seal seemed fine to me

The oil pan was not sealed right so I cleaned it up and also found that the mating surface one the pan was f'd up so I swapped pans with my other one that was a lot better

And back in she went

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

She started up and had no leaks. The overheating was coming from none other than the plastic reservoir which caused my head gasket to go the first time when my roommate owned it, so I bought a metal one and used J-B weld to fix this one which has held up and I still have the metal one to install.

She stopped overheating and she got a nice colorful bath

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

She had been my DD for a while until a few weeks ago when I came out to go to work and the brake pedal fell to the floor. I never once had any problems with brakes until then. I had to leave to go to CO and then to Las Vegas for WusteFest20xi where I was promoting my new photography business ShutterSpeed. I got home and replaced the master cylinder and bled the brakes RF, LR, LF, RR a thousand times but it still didn't help. I found a problem with the LF bleeder which was clogged with metal bits but that still didn't help so I took it all apart and bought a vice to re-bleed the MC. Finally after bleeding it again it worked.

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Monday August 1st, 2011

Just about 4000 miles after rebuild and she got dark tinted windows and then she dies. On the highway I started hearing a knocking, pulled over and she quit. I can start her up and she will idle but has a stumble and knocks. No smoke, no leaks, and oil shows to be on the stick but I have not looked much more into it. I just found some old beers and am going to cry for a bit before I do anything.

Sell? Thought creeps up on me at night....

6. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Video of engine knock

7. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Started the fun of figuring out where the cat is inside my engine screaming for help.I did a compression test and got 120, 120, 90, 100. Thats counterclockwise start with front left cylinder. I also had some fun with my new bumper that made the trip from CO to TX. I found it on craigslist for 50 bucks with beam and fogs. Also had to see intercooler but it won't go on for a while.

Also anyone know if silicone sweats oil. It just seems like all my hoses are oily and leaking but can;t find source.

8. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Bolt is still stripped and now is rounded to the point nothing will work. Easy-out just snapped off inside the bolt. Gator grip got one but the other is stuck. I tried to get it hot and break it loose but my propane torch cannot go at that angle because it just puffs out.

Got presents in the mail though!

9. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

I got the engine out and one head off. Does it seem too dirty for only having 4k on the rebuild?

10. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

When I first took the other head off and same thing, dirty! also one cylinder was very wet but it doesn't seem like oil or coolant and I would think fuel would have evaporated by now so not sure yet on that. I also can hear a light thud when I turn the crank. If I put a finger on the piston I feel it jump a tiny bit when TDC and BDC

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast