Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RckyMtnLegacy's 93 Turbo 'SadPanda'

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

After about an hour trying to get the engine to line up with the transmission I figured out that the STI engine mounts I put on, one was backwards and would not fit. This was a blessing in disguise because if you look back you can see I forgot to put something onto the engine before I fed it to the tranny.

Well at about 1am I figured out what I missed and without telling everyone what the problem was I called it a night and told everyone to go home.
    In the morning one of them woke up and helped my finish. I had forgotten to put the plate onto the crank so I could bolt it to the torque converter. With the mounts on right and plate bolted it took 10 minutes (and a flat head screw driver with a mallet to line up the mounts) and the engine bolted right up.

Then its time for plumbing my least favorite since its all busted or rusted.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice job so far!

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

This is just build 1

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Replaced plugs

Replaced sensors

Had a tough time figuring out which injector connector went where.

I had to find another Subaru (which is hard in TX) to steal a few sensor harnesses off of since I stripped a few when I pulled the engine out.

I found some busted hoses and connections which I have not yet fixed. Not sure if this is causing any of my hesitation problems now.

Got some more help too

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I ordered a Perrin lightweight crank pulley and when it arrived

It was not what I wanted. It was an oily Evo air filter. I emailed them and got one in the mail fast.

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I think subieluv is referring to your pup, not your car. Loving this thread, waiting for more!
    2006 Legacy GT spec.B #132/500 - Stage III Infamous Tuned

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

HA! That makes sense. His name is Rally (as in Subaru Rally Car) he is 1 year and 7 months. In the pictures he was about 9 months

8. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

After all kinds of fun timing and plumbing and fitting components on and fluids

Had a little fun with some stuff laying around.

If you know much about cars you know its a bit much and not right but just a quick look really excites the senses.

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I learned what brake cleaner can do

And had to celebrate St. Patty's Day at midnight in between working on the car

And had this idea for my plates

sad though that they cost so much and they only last a few years.

10. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

When I finally got the engine in and filled up the battery was dead and that same day my Mercedes puked tranny fluid everywhere so I could not go anywhere until late when my roommate came home and dragged me to the store in her BMW so I could get the battery (warranty rocks!!). Got the battery in and she started right up with the downpipe disconnected from the rest of the exhaust...mmmmmmmmm sounded so good!.

I drove her around and she ran ok but overheated but it was nice to be behind the wheel again after 7 months without her.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast