Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RckyMtnLegacy's 93 Turbo 'SadPanda'

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docdesigned View Post
    Off topic but Boondock Saints FTW! Have that same poster
    Thanks I saw it and had to get it. My number one movie next to Green Street Hooligans

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    Time for Darton Iron sleeves!
    I could not afford those so I went a different way

3. Top Of Page | #13

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Great pics, what's your little friends name?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Having fun reading this thread
    Having fun making this thread. Its like waiting until the middle of the series Lost and then buying the first 3 seasons to watch back to back. I am still not to the present yet.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subieluv View Post
    Great pics, what's your little friends name?
    Her name is SadPanda but I am throwing around SnowBunny (From CO) and SnowWhite

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I figured my heads were fine but I wanted them to be looked over and wanted to get the seats replaced since I got them in my kit

I took them into my machine shop and they cleaned them, replaced seats and decked the surface

I took my crank into them because the clearance was too small for my liking.

While the machine shop had my parts I decided to paint some parts and clean things up before putting it all back it where it would be a lot harder to clean and paint.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Once I got basically everything I needed I started putting it all back together. I knew I would forget where stuff goes so I took hundreds of pictures and loaded them onto my IPad and turned up Pandora so I could have music and a great reference. Plus I had WiFi with Legacy central in case I got stuck.

Putting pistons in was a small challenge but I made due with what i could find

Couldn't turn the crank and look into the back at the same time

While trying to fit the heads on I found that the machine shop had put the dowels back in the wrong hole and messed it up so the block and the head had dowels in the same hole. I destroyed one dowel to get it out and just stole one from my old block to replace it.

I also added some ARP head studs to got from a member on here.

I got a new oil pump and water pump even though they felt ok but I figured why not? I have done everything else to it and the price was not bad.

Cleanest I have ever had an engine in my life. Almost don't want to put oil in it.

8. Top Of Page | #18

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RckyMtnLegacy View Post
    Her name is SadPanda but I am throwing around SnowBunny (From CO) and SnowWhite
    Well she is precious, how old? I like sadpanda, very original.
    Really love all the pics u are posting. Girls gotta learn, great job.

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I got a bunch of friends together and we put the engine in. I learned you don't need a lot of help but it is nice to BS with people while you bust knuckles.

Some of my friends that are not as much of a gear head as I am. But as I put on my facebook event page "if you can screw in a light bulb, you can turn a wrench"

(notice a problem?) I didn't

Me hiding underneath trying to figure out what I missed.

Also cheerleaders are a great help too.

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subieluv View Post
    Well she is precious, how old? I like sadpanda, very original.
    Really love all the pics u are posting. Girls gotta learn, great job.
    She is 19. Tons more to post up. Video coming soon too, since that is kinda my job I figured I had to make myself one since I make them for other cars.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast