Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official Firearms Thread

1. Top Of Page | #41
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Kimbers are great guns....Nobody can deny that...but you are paying for a name.

Taurus makes a 1911 thats just as good for half the price...and the Taurus has a lifetime warranty on it too.

If you want a 1911 like gun but in 9mm, you can look at the Browning Hi Power. Its pretty simular and very pleasant to shoot.

But what it boils down to is whatever feels right in your hands. When I got my Smith&Wesson M&P9c, I spent a month shopping around for the right pistol. I picked up, shot, handled, etc 300+ pistols and the M&P was the one that just felt right when I picked it up.

Take your time shopping....when you pick up the right gun you will know it immediately.
    I've held a Browning Hi-Power, haven't shot it..my buddy's dad has one. I didn't really like how the grip felt in my hand..it was a little bulky(being that it's a double stack magazine) for my hands. I personally think that's why I like 1911's so much..aside from the raw power of a .45. The feel of a 1911 in my hands is about as close to perfect and I think I will get, I've shot a Colt MkIV and a Kimber Custom Shop 1911, both of which were great pistols, the Kimber felt a little lighter(Due to the 4.3 inch barrel I can assume) and shot just as well as the Colt did, with the 5 inch barrel.

2. Top Of Page | #42
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, I've put roughly 300 rounds or so through my new M&P9c. Simply amazing is all I can say.

I'm grouping my shots about 4 inches from 30ish yards with somewhat quick firing (not lining up sights between shots)

3. Top Of Page | #43
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I love shooting, I'm just not very good at it. I refuse to get a gun before I can shoot it accurately.

4. Top Of Page | #44
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WildAshes View Post
    I love shooting, I'm just not very good at it. I refuse to get a gun before I can shoot it accurately.
    Get a used gun, and learn to shoot before buying an expensive gun. I've been around guns my whole life, absolutely love shooting, and have had guns of my own since I was 12(Grandfather bought me a 12 Gauge for my birthday ) You'll appreciate the experience more if you have your own gun, as well.

5. Top Of Page | #45
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

John..I'm thinking mayhaps...CZ-75 P-01 or P-06. Master debating over .40cal or 9mm Parabellum. Quick, need opinion!

6. Top Of Page | #46
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

9mm Para is the same as 9x19, 9mm NATO, 9mm Luger, etc. Its all the same round.

Stick with 9mm. Common round and easy / cheap to get ammo for.

7. Top Of Page | #47
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

8. Top Of Page | #48
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

These are the reasons I carry everywhere I go no matter what. You never know what will happen, when it will happen, and where it will happen.

9. Top Of Page | #49
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

In a church? I'm messed up, I know..but not that messed up. And would you go to hell for defending yourself in a church? Blowing someones face off infront of everyone would be kind of taboo I guess..heh. I'll have my Carry permit soon enough! Hello CZ-75 Compact!

10. Top Of Page | #50
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh, John. I got a Kimber Pro Carry II Thank you Tax Returns!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast