Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I bolt my engine on to an engine stand?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

How do I bolt my engine on to an engine stand?

I am about to pluck my EJ22T from my SS. I am buying this engine stand from Harbor Freight: http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb...and-32916.html

Once I get the engine out with the hoist, how do I bolt it to the engine stand? Do I need to purchase new bolts?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So when I bolt the engine on to the stand arms, the stand arms bolt right where the transmission bolts on? How tight should I go? Do I need washers?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Awesome! Thanks bubba.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just dont drop it on yer tow. Ouch

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I know that you subie experts can pull an engine in two hours, but I am already into it two days. Taking my time.

I checked out the FSM, soaked the four transmission bolts in PB Blaster all day, so hopefully I'll get her off. Any suggestions as to separate the tranny from the block if it's a stubborn fit?

I can't wait to romp this 'lil beauty around town. It's a stock SS for crying out loud.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice.

Instead of a screwdriver, if need be I am going to try a 6" putty knife first. Hopefully I can just jack the engine up far enough and wiggle it loose.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I posted about the screwdriver method on the LGT forum, and I had two guys I trust say "Don't do it!", lol.

Good to know I won't screw it up with the screwdriver, though.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What did you do? Just grind down the tip so it was thin? I would imagine if you ground the tip really thin it would just break off. Was it a wide screwdriver? I'll be back at it on the SS on Tuesday. I love that little beast, even though I have only been able to drive it two blocks; from the delivery trailer to where I parked it.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, she slid right out with no prying necessary! I undid the last upper transmission bolt and she just popped right off!

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey i wanted to add my two cents, always do for some reason, the way we used to do it (Dad and I). We would take the actually motor mounting bracket off the stand put it on the motor, pull it and then lower the hoist so u can slip it right back in the stand. Washers aren't needed, I agree but i would deff encourage them for a first time puller like yourself. also a good thing is ZIP LOCK bags, pull bolts label the bag throw them in there, its tedious but trust me it helps. The manual does have descriptions but dude id just as well label where they came from and what hole they came out of. Label hoses and holes as well, a simple 1,2,3,4 can go along way with that tranny separation. Harbor freight is a good company for some items but the rule of thumb (not wrist i know) is to triple your engine weight on that stand, i have a two never ending broken toes from such, and trying to work on a motor on crutches isnt bueno. Also if you havent already, download the manual, its 8 bucks or i bet someone already has it and can email it to you. The locking pin in my final thought, use a screw driver instead, that locking pin is a pain in the ever loving arse to pull out and push back in the screw driver is ghetto yes but gives a handle for comfort and for turning your motor on the stand it works in the way of your precious feet out of the way of becoming bone donors for someone else. If you smell what im cooking. Good luck and POST pics man, the guys who have done this a million times can look at a picture and say WTF are you doing in a nicer way we suby guys all love to use. Brandon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast